Develop and support Audio-over-IP distribution systems.
Join Barix, a globally recognized technology provider in the Audio over IP space.
Barix AG is looking for an Audio HW Engineer to work in our offices located in
Aveiro, Portugal. We are looking for someone with experience in the audio HW design field, preferably in professional audio devices.
Together with a team of professional and talented colleagues you will have the opportunity to shape your job and contribute developing BARIX solutions that are used in multiple applications around the world.
As a Barix employee, YOU are the key to our success. Come join our dynamic international team and be a part of our exciting business. We offer a stimulating and challenging job in our small agile company with truly international reach.
- Development of HW designs for boards carrying high quality audio signals
- Contribute to maintain and update Barix’s HW and SW development platform
- Benchmarking of analog and digital audio characteristics
- Support internal and external development teams in debugging existing solutions
Professional Qualifications Required to Succeed
- University degree in electronic and telecommunications engineering
- Proficient skills in integration of HW and SW solutions
- Capability to understand complex systems
- Ability to read, correct and re-design HW schematics and PCB layouts
- Mastery in at least one of the following fields:
- Power, digital and analog grounding
- Deep understanding of analog systems
- Audio signal processing and amplification
- Audio codecs
- Very advantageous previous experience in at least one of these areas:
- Half/Full-duplex systems
- Balanced/Unbalanced audio signal processing
- Systematic way of working using planning tools in agile teams (e.g. Jira)
- Familiar with HW design tools (e.g. Eagle, Altium, etc.)
- Reliability in technical documentation writing
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies in an international fast-paced environment
- Local and remote team-player with good communication skills
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- High level of independence and responsibility in a small agile technology company
- Exposure to a truly international business with relationships and clients around the world
- A multi-cultural team of motivated workers
- A successful technology company that is in existence for over 15 years